Every day, MTI Motion associates around the world set the future in motion by solving our customers’ most vexing motion-control challenges. Serving various industries including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation, MTI Motion designs and manufactures an innovative portfolio of custom, precision motion-control products and solutions, including high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
The Customer Service Representative will respond to all customer inquiries, including requests for quotes from existing customers and delivery updates. This position will focus on maintaining/growing existing business through customer contact, execution of long-term agreements (LTAs) as well as individual purchase orders (POs) and day-to-day customer interface. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, possess a positive business approach and be a self-directed person who has Microsoft software suite experience and an eagerness to apply their work experiences into the aerospace marketplace.
- Process and manage new and existing customer orders via online portals, phone, fax and email.
- Work within existing ERP/CRM software platforms.
- Communicate effectively with other departments across the MTI Motion locations.
- Maintain and implement changes to existing customer accounts.
- Proactively troubleshoot with other departments to resolve potential customer issues.
- Resolve customer issues and handle customer inquiries. Manage issues by quickly researching the problem and resolving the matter in a timely manner.
- Update customers with shipping status and transit information on a regular basis.
- Must develop in-depth knowledge of our pricing process and product lines.
- Must be able to thrive/function in a multi-task environment while being timely, professional and focused on the customer experience.
- Provide input to the Customer Service Manager to create an efficient work flow and process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years of customer service or inside sales experience; industrial or B2B market is preferred
- Microsoft suite proficiency with an emphasis on Excel
- Experience working with CRM and ERP software
- Professional and customer-focused communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task with a proactive mindset
- Proven time-management skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- U.S. citizen or green card holder required
Deliver results: Hold self-accountable, acting with urgency and resilience to deliver on commitments. Demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Goal-orientated: High-level ambition and positive attitude about long-term prospects for successfully addressing new and demanding challenges. Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
Communicating and influencing: Must be an active listener with the ability to influence with and without direct authority. Demonstrates managerial courage, providing direct and actionable input in a fair, unbiased, open and direct manner. Communicates in a manner that is succinct, but clear and easily understood. Uses varying influence strategies dependent on other’s unique motivations and goals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.