MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
The Customer Service Representative will provide a first point of contact for customer support, including inquiries, orders, complaints, etc. The rep will be responsible for maintaining good working relationships with our customers by understanding their business needs and addressing issues as needed. This position will acknowledge and enter orders into the ERP system in accordance with all customer and business requirements and work cross-functionally to ensure these requirements are met.
Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, possess a positive business approach and be a self-directed person who has Microsoft software suite experience and an eagerness to apply their work experiences into the Aerospace marketplace.
- Process and manage customer inquiries, RFQs and orders via online portals, phone and email.
- Work within existing ERP/CRM software platforms.
- Communicate effectively with other departments across the MTI Motion sites.
- Maintain and implement changes to existing customer accounts.
- Manage issues by researching the problem and resolving the matter in a timely manner.
- Update customers with order and shipping status on a regular basis.
- Provide input to leadership to drive continuous improvement of workflows and processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years of customer service or inside sales experience
- Microsoft suite proficiency
- Experience working with CRM and ERP software
- Professional and customer-focused communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality
- Proven time-management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.