MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
Under supervision in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, the Trade Compliance Specialist actively manages trade-regulation compliance and the overall licensing process from request through renewal. The Trade Compliance Specialist will also develop, manage and continually improve the export compliance program.
- Ensure general compliance with export regulation and regular assessment of trade compliance programs.
- Determine and assign proper product classifications, such as ECCN, HTS, Schedule B, from top-level assemblies through component levels.
- Assist with development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure company compliance with U.S. import- and export-control laws and regulations (EAR/ITAR/OFAC).
- Draft and submit export licenses, Commodity Jurisdiction and classification requests through SNAP-R and/or DECCS, and ensure proper documentation and record-keeping, including tracking classifications within ERP system.
- Assist with risk assessments, investigations, audits and export control assessments, root-cause analysis on deficiencies and develop corrective action plans.
- Export classification and documentation review.
- Assist with the performance and evaluation of denied party screenings for customers, suppliers, employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and delivery of export/import training for all staff.
- Coordinate with internal employees to ensure procedures are followed and to provide guidance related to import/export.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of trade compliance experience in a high-productivity environment.
- Prior trade compliance experience particularly in the manufacturing industry.
- Prior experience classifying items for export purposes.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.