MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
The Quality Inspector ensures product conformity to established requirements by evaluating product to customer and/or engineering drawings, specifications and related documents. The Quality Inspector conducts receiving, in-process and final product inspections. They will document results in various reports/logs within the quality system. This position may also interface with customers and/or regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Perform receiving, in-process and final inspections of parts and assemblies in accordance with applicable engineering criteria, documents, drawings and workmanship standards
- Use precision-measurement equipment/devices.
- Perform functional testing of assembled units.
- A customer liaison for source inspection activities.
- Ensure proper operation of measurement equipment by following operating instructions.
- Assist Engineering and Operations in the investigation of non-conformities.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following guidelines and procedures, and complying with all applicable regulations.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of three to five years of inspection experience preferred.
- Proficient in use of common inspection measuring equipment including, surface plates, micrometers, height gauges, radius gages, bore gauges and dial indictors preferred.
- Knowledge of AS9100 quality management systems including experience with First Article Inspection and PPAP.
- Good manual dexterity.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.