MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
The New Product Development (NPD) Manufacturing Engineer ensures success during the manufacturing of new products within the NPD department. This position is responsible for generating and procuring standardized tooling, developing and vetting product assembly documentation, and supporting assembly obstacles, which occur during product development. The role is also expected to participate in efforts or events focused on improving the manufacturing system.
- Develop, maintain and finalize instructions used for the assembly of product being developed within the New Product Development (NPD) department.
- Identify and resolve project risks, safety, quality or timeline, involved in NPD projects.
- Designs, drafts and procures tooling or fixturing used during assembly and processing.
- Hosting customer visits to address and resolve manufacturing-related items and support customer in technical and manufacturing related-topics.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts to recommend resolutions of assembly problems and work with Engineering and Production personnel to implement changes to the manufacturing of products within the department.
- Participate in regular and irregular internal project meetings to collaborate as a project team to address and resolve manufacturing-related items.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or other engineering-related field.
- Three to seven years industry experience in rotating equipment design, preferably for electric motors.
- Knowledge and experience with electric motor design and application a plus.
- Ability to work across organizational functions and generate results without direct reporting relationships.
- Familiar with SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 quality standards or equivalent.
- Must be highly motivated and be a committed team player.
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
- Previous experience in implementing manufacturing methods and tools.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.