MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
The Design Engineering Technician is responsible for assisting in the design, build, documentation, tooling, testing and troubleshooting of electrical machines, motors and actuators assemblies within the Product Engineering group. Must be able to work well in a cross-functional engineering team environment. The technician would take direction from the engineering supervisor/manager, program manager and other engineers but needs to be capable of managing the day-to-day work on his/her own.
- Self-starter with good organization skills.
- Hands-on skills and knowledge of electromechanical assemblies.
- Able to properly scope Design of Experiments (DOE), perform the testing/experiments and interpret the results.
- To provide design and manufacturing input for electromechanical assemblies during product engineering development and evaluation activities.
- Examples: BOMs, routings, etc.
- 3D modeling (SolidWorks is a plus) for product design and tooling.
- GD&T skills is a plus.
- Able to generate tolerance stack-up studies for mechanical components and assemblies.
- Works well with Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Project Management and build cross-functional teams.
- Able to handle multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced work environment.
- Participate in cost-reduction activities, component evaluations, design for manufacturability and other initiatives to support continuous improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining RMA/re-work area and lab space/environment to include safety, cleanliness and working condition.
- Manual mill and lathe skills a plus.
- PLC or embedded programming (C/C++) skills a plus.
- Occasional regional and international travel may be required (up to 10%).
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.