MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
The National Sales Manager will win, maintain and expand industrial channel relationships for MTI Motion. This role is responsible for achieving sales, profitability and the successful recruitment of value-added distributors/integrators, and reps supporting strategic verticals in North America and Europe. The National Sales Manager will represent all of MTI Motion’s product offering, though initially will be focused on specific products and vertical markets. The National Sales Manager reports to the Senior Director of Business Development.
- Proactively recruit new partners and establishes effective, professional relationships with key partner personnel.
- Coordinate MTI Motion resources, as needed, to support product training and account expectations.
- Meet assigned sales and profit targets at key accounts and verticals.
- Proactively lead a channel-forecasting process that defines performance objectives, account targets and measurable milestones.
- Proactively manage partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead partner account capture strategy through partner sales resources by validating the need and coordinating MTI Motion resources to provide the best solution.
- Manage channel conflicts through excellent communication and adherence to channel strategy and structure.
- Manage and drive compliance with partner agreements and guidelines.
- Support and use the company CRM to track and communicate.
- Support weekly internal business meetings to communicate market and partner needs.
- Participate in company trade shows and support industry associations.
- Develop training materials and conduct partner training programs.
- Communicate and document industry and account information including: Opportunities and threats, account details and contacts, trends and technologies.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Business Development.
- Works with customer service specialists, sales analysts and other sales and management resources to ensure customer satisfaction and timely conflict resolution.
- Maintains company executive involvement with partner and end-user customer management as appropriate.
- Coordinates and interfaces with technical application team to support product development and quoting process.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree
- Minimum seven to 10 years of channel sales/rep development experience in a technical business-to-business sales environment.
- Willingness to travel 50%
- Minimum five years in electromechanical motion control
- OEM sales
- CRM proficiency, familiarity with Salesforce a plus
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.