MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for all stages of the product life cycle, for their assigned portfolio. Responsibilities include tracking of opportunities, leading proposal efforts, financial forecasting, customer communications, and coordinating cross-functional activities to achieve program/product deliverables, successful launch, quality expectations and delivery requirements. This role leads multifunctional product teams that have assigned responsibilities within the portfolio.
- Construct and manage products, maintain action-item lists, and coordinate product team members’ activities to meet established schedule and budget standards.
- Direct all phases of assigned programs, projects and products, from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of portfolio.
- Act as the primary customer contact on the assigned portfolio. Maintain a plan for communications, including objectives, priorities and efforts to ensure MTI Motion is the valued partner of choice.
- As assigned, lead finance forecasting and budgeting in assigned portfolio, including material costing and capital-equipment expenditures, and identifying and tracking risks and opportunities.
- Proactively track opportunities and prepare and execute proposal efforts. Ensure all aspects of the proposal efforts are addressed, including requirements review, compliance matrix, estimates, assumptions/exceptions, presentations, customer-required documents, schedules, milestones, timing of award, cost/revenue/cash.
- Ensure successful execution of functional activities on the assigned portfolio including engineering, procurement, manufacturing, quality and other related activities.
- When required, provide product-specific support to Business Development and Marketing, including presentations, datasheets, customer visits, market research data, formulation of product business plan and product pricing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and 10-pus years of experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of four years experience as a Product or Program Manager
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Hands-on approach to problem solving and analysis
- Understanding of basic product-management processes, including critical path, design-to-cost, value analysis, concurrent engineering and risk management
- Excellent problem-solving ability and root-cause analysis approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Master’s degree preferred
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.