MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
MTI Motion is seeking a technically savvy individual with a proven track record of identifying and winning new business in MTI Motion’s markets. The successful candidate will have the gravity and connections to win and close deals, and the innovative mindset to succeed in an agile and entrepreneurial business. The Manager will contribute to the prioritization of new business pursuits and the development of marketing plans and capture strategies across MTI Motion’s businesses. The Manager will interface with new and existing customers and other organizations to technically advise, identify, qualify and create new business opportunities. The position will develop and maintain close, trusted partner relationships with current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers. The Manager will be able to assist the customers in meeting their requirements and capability gaps with those capabilities, products and technologies available or being developed by MTI.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, implement, and manage processes and strategies for new business capture that result in competitive capture and improved win rate, including proposal management support that ultimately drives profitable growth
- Develop and increase sales revenue to meet assigned targets
- Direct new business development opportunities to improve the company’s business portfolio
- Ability to identify, establish and use previous experiences to capture new business
- Train and assist manufacturers’ representatives with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to assure high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved
- Coordinate with business development and engineering personnel in preparing, editing and presenting briefings or hosting discussions with customers, highlighting MTI Motion’s capabilities and solutions vs. customer requirements
- Support MTI Motion through attendance at industry days, symposiums, professional events, conferences and tradeshows
- Provides guidance, advice and support to the leadership regarding business investments and priorities
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant business development and/or a combination of engineering and business development experience on customer mission experiences
- Preferred experience in mechanical engineering with a working knowledge of electromagnetic engineering
- Demonstrated successes in leading and growing business on electric motor, electro-mechanical, actuation technologies, systems or sub-systems integration
- Engineering or science bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated background in solution selling, developing new markets, with proven leadership from inception to fruition of a strategic campaign
- Knowledge of government contracting aerospace OEMs, industrial OEMs, and current acquisition trends and customer funding cycles
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
- Demonstrated high-energy individual who will drive performance and exhibit strong selling skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.