MTI Motion designs and creates customized motion-control solutions for the world’s most demanding applications in numerous industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation. Our innovative portfolio includes high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.
MTI Motion is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist will provide a broad range of HR support for our business and people goals in support of various HR initiatives. The HR Generalist will perform a diverse range of assignments including recruiting/staffing, employee relations, supporting HR policy development and process improvement, training and other projects for our Muskego, WI, location.
- Handles day to day HR needs for the organization and serves as a point of contact for employees.
- Works to support and implement changes to streamline HR processes, procedures, policies and guidelines to affect continual improvements across HR functions and updates documentation.
- Leads the end-to-end recruitment process to attract and select great talent. Includes identifying resource gaps, writing job descriptions, sourcing, interviewing, etc.
- Maintains and improves the employee onboarding process across all departments, working with department generalists to create an engaging experience for all new hires.
- Creates an environment of positive employee relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, and works with employees and generalists to improve employee engagement.
- Conducts new employee orientation sessions, assists new employees with required paperwork, and processes for payroll and benefits administration.
- Conducts exit interviews and makes recommendations for continuous improvement and better engagement.
- Supports individual and company-wide training needs and recommends training programs.
- Counsels department managers on HR policies, procedures, compensation and benefit programs, and disciplinary actions to ensure consistent and fair treatment of all employees.
- Identifies new opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Oversees company organizational charts and org change processes and communications.
- Handles necessary data input and (the creation of) reporting using applicable systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or other business-related degree with appropriate HR experience)
- At least five years of HR experience, with at least two years as an HR Generalist or HR Generalist/Business Partner
- Prior manufacturing industry experience a plus
- Ability to travel occasionally (10%)
- Demonstrated experience proactively sourcing strong talent in a tight labor market
- Experience controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines with process-driven results and a continuous-improvement (Kaizen) mindset
- Strong HR process orientation, but with a flexible mindset understanding not a one-size-fits-all approach
- Trustworthiness and maturity to handle confidential information with exceptional integrity
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving with stakeholder alignment
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills, analytical and fact based with an eye towards innovation
- Self-motivated and displays a sense of urgency and strong initiative to drive to results
- Highly organized, flexible and able to quickly adapt from one situation to the next
- Possesses a high degree of detail/accuracy, business acumen and emotional intelligence
- Problem-solving, coaching, counseling, conflict resolution and decision-making skills with composure and a high level of customer service/consulting skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively with both employees and generalists
- Knowledge and comfort using various HRIS systems and proficiency in Microsoft office products
- Understanding of local and federal employment laws and the ability to research as needed
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MTI Motion is an equal employment opportunity (EEOC) employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or other legally protected status.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact MTI Motion to request accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At MTI Motion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.