Every day, MTI associates around the world set the future in motion by solving our customers’ most vexing motion-control challenges. Serving various industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation, MTI designs and manufactures an innovative portfolio of custom, precision motion-control products and solutions, including high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement. MTI is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
MTI is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to undertake all talent acquisition activities. This person will be responsible for connecting with potential candidates online and offline, screening applications and supporting hiring managers. They would also play a critical role in developing our employer brand and building community relationships for future hiring needs. If you have experience evaluating candidates for roles of various fields and seniority levels, we’d like to meet you.
- Create and publish job ads in various portals.
- Network with potential hires through professional groups on social media and during events.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to set qualification criteria for future employees.
- Screen resumes and job applications.
- Conduct initial phone screens to create shortlists of qualified candidates.
- Interview candidates in-person for a wide range of roles (junior, senior and executive).
- Track hiring metrics, including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire.
- Design, distribute and measure the results of candidate experience surveys.
- Train and advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods.
- Develop community relationships to foster employer branding.
- Work directly with marketing on employee hiring and community event communications.
- Arrange and participate in job fairs and other employer branding events.
- Follow up with candidates throughout the hiring process and fully own onboarding process.
- Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings.
- Support corporate on ATS initiatives and projects.
REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION
- Proven experience as a recruiter or similar role
- Hands-on experience with the largest job sites like LinkedIn and Indeed
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media and other websites
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Team spirit
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred – Associates degree required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.< Back