Every day, MTI associates around the world set the future in motion by solving our customers’ most vexing motion-control challenges. Serving various industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation, MTI designs and manufactures an innovative portfolio of custom, precision motion-control products and solutions, including high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement.MTI is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
MTI – Muskego (PST) is seeking a Machinist Operator Second Shift (shift differential) to set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Includes precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances using instruments such as micrometers or Vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers or grinders.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision-machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories or materials onto machines.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects, and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Check work pieces to ensure they are properly lubricated or cooled.
- Make edits at machine.
- Diagnose machine-tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display placement of cuts.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools.
- Set up or operate metalworking, brazing, heat-treating, welding or cutting equipment.
- Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations.
- Separate scrap waste and related materials for reuse, recycling or disposal.
- Evaluate machining procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability.
- Dismantle machines or equipment using hand tools or power tools to examine parts for defects, and replace defective parts where needed.
- Install repaired parts into equipment, or install new equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED is required.
- At least one-year working experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- A working knowledge of relevant associated specifications (ISO9001, AS9100, AS9101, AS9102) is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies is preferred.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY DEMANDS
- Ability to sit and walk.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires repetitive movement.
- Dexterity to position and move small parts.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Requires bending or twisting.
- Requires exposure to hazardous equipment.
- Requires exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites or stings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 10-hour shift
Experience: Machining: 1 year preferred.
Shift availability: Night shift (required)
Work location: One location – Muskego, WI
Work remotely: No< Back