Every day, MTI associates around the world set the future in motion by solving our customers’ most vexing motion-control challenges. Serving various industries, including commercial aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and transportation, MTI designs and manufactures an innovative portfolio of custom, precision motion-control products and solutions, including high-performance motors, drives and controllers, as well as windings, gears and ball screws.
We’re committed to promoting a collaborative team environment that focuses on accountability, honesty and integrity to ensure customer satisfaction. We take pride in the work we perform and are committed to continuous improvement. In addition to offering a competitive benefits package, we strive to offer our employees opportunities to achieve career advancement. MTI is a wholly owned operating company within the Steel Partners (NYSE: SPLP) family of companies and is headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, WI, with facilities worldwide.
MTI is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Lead to lead all aspects of EHS for MTI globally. This position is responsible for planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining a variety of health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees.
- Ensure compliance to all federal, state, local laws, regulations, rules and codes at all sites globally.
- Lead quarterly EHS senior management reviews to maintain EHS compliance and drive EHS risk reduction globally.
- Lead safety committees locally and participate globally to embed the MTI safety culture.
- Plan, develop, implement and coordinate required and recommended EHS training for new and existing employees for all sites.
- Help develop controls for identified hazards, coordinate the implementation of controls from the result of hazard analysis. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard-control system, policies and procedures, and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate workplace accidents and injuries.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate onsite inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide local site teams and executive leadership team with advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents. Review property and injury reports.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements.
- Conduct self-assessments, monitor assessment outcome and corrective action plans for all sites.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.S./B.A. degree, preferably in engineering, safety or business management
- Three years EHS-related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated accountability skills in multisite organizations
- Strong planning, organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent people and process management skills
- Hands-on global leader: Willingness and ability to execute EHS compliance responsibilities at plant level while driving and governing global EHS excellence
- Deliver results: Hold self-accountable, acting with urgency and resilience to deliver on commitments, attention to detail and problem-solving. The successful candidate will be a self-starting leader who enjoys the challenges of daily involvement with an operations and maintenance team. The ability and willingness to lead and work in and team atmosphere is a must.
- Goal-orientated: High-level ambition and positive attitude about long-term prospects for successfully addressing new and demanding challenges
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Strong desire to be a part of growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, result-oriented culture
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.< Back